More Than Your Average Adventure Camp
With the overwhelming majority of kids today addicted to screens (keeping up with what's happening on social media, and gaming etc.), and our authorities removing all kinds of risk-taking activities (in our schools, and at our local parks etc.), even good, mitigated risks, for fear of legal action against them... Is it any wonder that we're seeing an increase in cases of depression, anxiety, isolation, boredom etc.?
So what's the solution? ADVENTURE!
According to the Child Study Center at Yale University, participation in any Adventure Camp will almost always result in the following lasting benefits…
1. A growth in confidence,
2. An increase in self-esteem,
3. An increase in maturity, and
4. A growth in resilience and adaptability.
For those reasons alone, an Adventure Camp is a logical investment for parents to make into the lives and futures of their children.
I mean, what parent doesn’t want their children to experience and reflect each of those attributes?
That said, the purpose of this article is to specifically reveal the X-factor of one specific type of Adventure Camp that is truly head and shoulders above the rest. Read on to discover why...
An Adventure Camp for Dads and Kids
Fathering Adventures first launched back on July 1, 2008, and have an Adventure Camp for almost every father and child pair.
And after facilitating hundreds of guided Adventure Camps in numerous locations around Australia (Tropical North Queensland, South-East Queensland, NSW, and Victoria), and the world (Nepal and China), we have successfully guided and served literally thousands of father and child pairs.
Why an Adventure Camp for Dads and Kids Specifically?
Dads are far more important than you have been led to believe.
Decades of research reveals that kids with involved, loving Dads, are significantly more likely to…
1. Do well in school,
2. Have a healthy self-esteem,
3. Exhibit empathy and pro-social behaviour, and
4. Avoid high-risk behaviours such as drug use, truancy, and criminal activity
… compared to kids who have fathers who are not involved.
Unfortunately Dads today are more distracted than ever before throughout all of human history, and as a result, kids, and the father and child relationship is adversely affected, potentially forever.
An Adventure Camp for Dads and Kids Will Also Result in Healthier Relationships, And So Much More…
A father and child pair who participate in an Adventure Camp together, will also receive the following benefits…
1. A healthier relationship
2. Treasured lifelong memories
3. Stronger bonds through a shared experience that is really fun, adventurous, and meaningful
4. A deeper understanding of one another
5. Quality time together, and quantity time together
6. More effective communication through engaging in important conversations
A Teen Adventure Camp for Fathers and Sons
We facilitate a Father and Son Teen Adventure Camp (a Guided Rite of Passage Teen Adventure Program) consistently in three (3) different locations in Australia, throughout a typical year…
1. In the Mission Beach region, North of Townsville in Tropical North Queensland,
2. On the Gold Coast, in South-East Queensland, and
3. At Mountain Trails, North of Canberra, in NSW.
The world class outdoor adventures are provided by professional and often commercial operators, guides, and outfitters, and depending on location, include…
1. White Water Rafting
2. Snorkelling on the outer Great Barrier Reef
3. Jet Skiing
4. Sea Kayaking
5. High Ropes and Zip Lines
6. Dirt Bike Riding
7. Horse Trail Riding
9. Caving, and of course
A Teen Adventure Camp for Dads and Daughters
We facilitate a Father and Daughter Teen Adventure Camp (a Guided Rite of Passage Teen Adventure Program) in just one location each year… In the Mission Beach region, North of Townsville in Tropical North Queensland.
The outdoor adventures are provided by professional and commercial operators, guides, and outfitters, and include…
1. Tully River Sports Rafting
2. Snorkelling on the outer Great Barrier Reef, and of course
Pre-Teen Adventure Camps for Younger Father and Child Pairs
We also facilitate a Father and Son Pre-Teen Adventure Camp and a Dad and Daughter Pre-Teen Adventure Camp (for sons and daughters respectively, aged between 7 & 13 years inclusive) consistently in three (3) different locations in Australia, assuming we have received sufficient demand to do so of course…
1. At either Mapleton in the Sunshine Coast hinterland, or Mount Tamborine in the Gold Coast hinterland, in South-East Queensland,
2. In the Hawkesbury region in the foothills of The Blue Mountains, in outer Western Sydney, NSW, and
3. In the Pakenham area of outer South-East Melbourne, Victoria.
The outdoor adventures are provided by professional and sometimes commercial operators, guides, and outfitters, and depending on location, can include…
2. High Ropes and Zip Lines
4. Low Ropes
5. Abseiling, and even
6. Horse Arena Riding
An Adventure Camp Does Not Have To Be A Full Outdoor Camp Experience
Whilst the professionally-guided / commercially-guided outdoor adventures are always based outdoors, as the name suggests, we understand that most Dads actually prefer to sleep in a bed, indoors, after a day of adventure outdoors, rather than sleeping on the ground whilst camping in tents.
And that’s why each father and child pair, are always allocated a private room or cabin as their accommodation component in their Adventure Camp with us.
It's always good to be adventurous outdoors during the day, yet comfortable indoors in the evening.
Book Now to secure your place in the Adventure Camp of your choosing.